Haunted Mansfield FAQ
Paranormal Investigations, Ghost Hunts, Classes and Events found at six haunted spots including The Shawshank Redemption prison and an 1886 warehouse with active spirits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. We have an interest in ghost hunting and investigating paranormal activity. Where do I begin?
A. There are 6 sites in Mansfield and Galion, Ohio, where individuals and groups can investigate. To view each site and to see what makes them haunted, please refer to the Sites section.
Q. Do you have to be a professional ghost hunter or paranormal investigator?
A. No! You do not have to be a professional ghost hunter or paranormal investigator to enjoy the field of paranormal activity! But, for those folks that are professionals and experts, please be respectful of their space, equipment, and seriousness of their investigation.
Q. Is there someone who will lead us through the paranormal investigation?
A. Yes! Mr. Joe James, co-owner of P.A.C.E. (Paranormal And Cryptic Explorations) has earned a reputation of professionalism and outstanding service to help individuals by applying a scientific approach to paranormal and cryptic situations while in search of an answer. For those who are interested in investigating the Ohio State Reformatory, the Gill House or Mansfield Fire Museum, please contact them directly for their own investigators.
Q. What about overnight accommodations?
A. Please visit Haunted Mansfield Hotel Packages section for a list of lodging properties that offer packages for paranormal investigators.
Q. How do I get a Haunted Mansfield brochure?
A. Download a free Haunted Mansfield brochure to see all six Haunted sites.
Know Before You Go
- There are 6 haunted sites in Mansfield and Galion, Ohio.
- Some haunted sites are lead by paranormal investigators. You may contact other sites directly for your private paranormal investigations. Consult the Haunted Mansfield Guide for more information on each location.
- For ghost events at these sites, contact Joe James, Paranormal Investigator- Haunted Bissman Building, Renaissance Theatre and Malabar Farm.
- For ghost events at these sites, contact them directly- Ohio State Reformatory, Mansfield Fire Museum and Gill House.
- You must be 18 or older for paranormal investigations.
- Suggested items to bring with you: Flashlights, batteries, camera, electronic voice recorder, snacks/water.
- Smoking is only allowed outside in designated areas at each haunted location.
- Absolutely no drugs or alcohol will be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the premises if a paranormal tour guide suspects you are under the influence.
- Each sites is on private property. No vandalism of any kind will be tolerated and you will be responsible for any damage.
- With all that being said- HAVE FUN and capture some amazing photos and recordings! And don’t forget to tell us and your friends about it on Facebook!