About the Richland B&O Trail and Mansfield City Bike Loop
RICHLAND B&O TRAIL:
The Richland B&O trail is a paved 18.4 mile bike trail built on the railroad bed of the former Baltimore & Ohio Railway. Connecting Mansfield, Lexington, Bellville and Butler, the trail traverses some of the most scenic parts of North Central Ohio.
There are multiple entry points in each community. The trail is open year-round during daylight hours for bicycling, in-line skating, walking, jogging, and also cross-country skiing in the winter. Motorized vehicles and horseback riding are prohibited.
Parking and bike trail access are available in each of the communities listed above. It is handicapped accessible and bike rentals are available on the trail. For more information, call the Gorman Nature Center at 419-884-3764.
Check out the areas along the Richland B&O Trail:
For a Richland B&O Trail map, please click here or to request a brochure, click here.
MANSFIELD CITY BIKE LOOP:
A 5.7 mile bike loop showcasing downtown Mansfield. Signs along the way point out significant landmarks along the route.
For a Mansfield City Bike Loop map, please click here.
Rules and Regulations
- Heed all posted signs, rules and regulation
- Trail use is permitted (year-round) from dawn to dusk
- Motorized vehicles, buggies and horses are prohibited
- Electronic personal assistance mobility devices are permitted
- Dogs are welcome, but must be leashed (short leash preferable)
- Curb your pet and please remove pet waste
- Please yield to all maintenance vehicles and volunteer work crews
- Please do not litter on the trail
- Please do not remove animals, plants or other natural items from the trail
- Respect private property and stay on the trail
- Cyclists should yield to all other users
- Cycling at high rates of speed is inappropriate for the trail and is prohibited
- Be respectful of all users on the trail
Important Information & Safety Tips
- Report maintenance needs to: Richland County Park District - 419-884-3764
- If you find yourself in an emergency call 911
- Bike rentals and repairs available at Y-Not Cycling (Lexington): 419-884-6135
- Stop, look and listen for all motor vehicle traffic that crosses the trail
- Always keep to the right except to pass
- Pass on the left (with caution) and alert users with “On Your Left!”
- Move off of the trail surface when stopped
- Cyclists should always wear a helmet
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Always carry a cell phone
- Protect your valuables and secure your vehicle in all parking lots