Richland Carrousel Park opened in 1991 as the first new, hand-carved carrousel to be built and operated in the United States since the 1930’s. The Carrousel figures were carved in the style of G.A. Dentzel, one of the most revered carvers of the early 1900’s. Fifty-two beautiful animals and two chariots. There are 30 horses and 22 menagerie figures including a mythical hippocampus A Stinson Band Organ provides rousing music for carousel riders. The scenery panels atop the carrousel depict past and present attractions in Mansfield. Indoor facility. Open year-round. Gift shop and concessions. Accessible to the handicapped.
- Admission: $1.00 for one ride, $5.00 for six rides, $35.00 for 50 rides. Group rates available and boxed lunches with reservations. Available upon request.
- Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa
1st Friday from 5-8 p.m., children under 2 ride free. The Richland Carrousel Park offers a free picnic area around the Carrousel. Browse through the free brochures for more local information. Open 353 Days a Year!!
When traveling The Shawshank Trail, stop by the Richland Carrousel Park to buy their very own “Private Stock” Prison Break old fashioned sodas in many delicious flavors like vanilla, root beer, strawberry and more! Official soda of the Shawshank Trail.
First new hand-carved wooden carrousel to be built and operated in the U.S. since the early 1930s. Offering a menagerie of 52 animals and 2 chariots all hand-carved and painted in Mansfield. Indoor facility open year round, with a concessions area, gift shop, comfortable rockers for non riders, as well as space for tables and chairs. We offer flexible morning hours for groups as well as boxed lunches during the week upon request. Facility is completely handicapped accessible.
Willie Hunn, Director & Sharon Bishop, Co-Director
75 N. Main St.
Mansfield, OH 44902
www.richlandcarrousel.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Labor Day thru day after Memorial Day, Everyday 11am-5pm. Memorial Day thru Labor Day, Mon-Sat 10am-5pm, every Fri till 8pm, Sun 11am-5pm
- Length of Ride: 4.5 minutes
- Reservations: Requested
- Maximum size: 2 coaches at a time.
- Payment Policy: pre-pay, pay-on-site by cash, check, or credit card
- Complimentary Policy: Driver and escort
- Motorcoach Parking: Free parking lot across the street
- Restrooms Available: clean restrooms for men and women
- Handicapped Accessibility: Ramp and restrooms
- Group Tour Price: $1 per one ride; Six rides for $5; 50 rides for $35; Children under 2 ride free
- Box lunch- $12.84 inclusive. Either chicken salad on croissant or ham/cheese on croissant; pasta salad or fruit salad; cheesecake bites for dessert. Chips, iced tea, coffee or water. (2019 price).
Bring your celebration to the Richland Carrousel Park. It is available for private rental before or after the hours of daily operation. Tables and chairs are available to accommodate up to 200 people in the pavilion and carrousel area. The rental fee includes a carrousel operator, a hostess and unlimited use of the carrousel for your guests. Alcoholic beverages may be served; however, a special permit must be acquired for a cash bar. Wedding Receptions, Catering upon request, Anniversaries, Fund Raisers, and Private Parties…Any Gathering is Welcome!! Call our friendly staff for details.
Credit Cards Accepted, Internet Access
|Pavilion Room||6,400||80′ x 80′||N/A||N/A||N/A||200-300|
Largest Meeting Room:
6400 Sq. Feet
Total Meeting Space:
6400 Sq. Feet
Dinner Seating Capacity:
Theater Style Seating Capacity:
Richland Carrousel Park’s Easter Egg Hunt
Join us at the Richland Carrousel Park for the annual Easter Egg Hunt! We will begin at 11:00am sharp, so be sure to arrive early.