Whether you plan to take a vacation, are still agonizing over taking time off, or are a travel-related business anticipating the trends of your customers, Meredith Travel Marketing shares some insight. In honor of Midwest Living’s Nov/Dec issue which features a 14-page partnership with “Project: Time Off”, here’s some Travel Tidbits to keep in mind:
- According to Project:Time Off more than half of American workers surveyed—55 percent—left vacation days unused in 2015, adding up to 658 million wasted vacation days.
- According to Alamo Rental Car, Vacation Shaming is a very real thing. 59% of millennials reported feeling a sense of shame for taking or planning a vacation while 41% of 35+ age group felt vacation shaming
- The vacation planning process is ongoing…
- For quick getaways (less than 4 days) women start planning 1.4 months in advance. (Meredith Travel Marketing “Redefining the Female Traveler” 2016 research)
- For longer vacations (4+ days) women start planning 4.8 months in advance. (Meredith Travel Marketing “Redefining the Female Traveler” 2016 research)
- Read the reserach about “Redefining the Female Traveler“.