The 20-Year Shawshank Reunion celebrates the filming of the movie The Shawshank Redemption over Labor Day weekend. Calling all visitors, fans and movie extras! Events and tours will take place at Hollywood filming sites in Mansfield, Ashland and Upper Sandusky. Come relive the one-of-a-kind experience of the movie’s filming days 20 years ago this year.
Shawshank filming sites will be open throughout the weekend (August 30-September 1, 2013):
- Ohio State Reformatory (Shawshank State Prison)
- Bissman Building (Brewer Hotel and Portland Daily Bugle)
- Pugh Cabin at Malabar Farm State Park (Opening Scene)
- Shawshank Oak Tree drive-by photo opportunity (tree is best viewed on Malabar Farm’s property, located across the road)
- Huntington National Bank/Ashland (Maine National Bank scene)
- Revivals 2 Thrift Store/Ashland (Trailways Bus Station)
- Wyandot County Courthouse/Upper Sandusky(Conviction of Andy Dufresne)
- Shawshank Woodshop/Upper Sandusky(Prison workshop)
Step back in time to the film’s premier as the movie plays at the Renaissance Theatre on Friday, August 30 at 7:00pm. Click to purchase tickets.
On Saturday, August 31 from 7-9 pm, the Ohio State Reformatory opens the doors for a cocktail reception for visitors and fans. Guests will enjoy live music, hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar and special guided prison tours. Click to purchase tickets.
Three of the film’s stars are expected to attend the Reunion Weekend including Bob Gunton who played Warden Norton, Jim Kisicki the bank manager, and Scott Mann who played Glenn Quentin, the golf professional and lover of Linda Dufresne. Fans will have an opportunity to meet these celebrities and have their photos taken with them.
Fans can find Shawshank themed souvenirs at local restaurants, shops, attractions and hotels throughout the area. Some of the favorite items include Prison Break Sodas at the Richland Carrousel Park, Shawshank candy bars at the Squirrel’s Den, Reformatory Red Wine at Cypress Cellars and the Shawshankwich Sandwich at Ed Pickens’ Café on Main.
For a complete schedule, visit ShawshankTrail.com
and click on Shawshank Reunion.