New year, new Richland County! See what’s coming to your favorite attractions and whet your appetite for brand new eateries and places to stay. There are many new and exciting things coming to the Mansfield area this year like a new theatre, an upscale restaurant, and a guesthouse!
BibleWalk “The Kingdom of God” Tour
Coming the summer of 2019, BibleWalk will be opening its 6th tour: “The Kingdom of God.” This tour will take an in-depth look at the words of Jesus as He spoke, “The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.” BibleWalk is Ohio’s only life-sized wax museum and the home of the state’s only Christian Dinner Theatre, “Dinner with Grace.”
Café on Main
New to downtown Mansfield, stop by this flex-casual cafe for a seasonal lunch or dinner and drinks. Café on Main is full of creative twists like a mashed potato bar and Friday karaoke. The “grab and go” section features sandwiches, salads, sushi, and snacks. The bar features beers brewed by the Phoenix Brewing Co. as well as several wines. For now, Café on Main is open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. but you can expect expanded hours early this year. We certainly can’t wait for warmer weather to enjoy the outdoor seating on the square.
Hudson & Essex
Opening in spring 2019, Hudson & Essex will be a premier restaurant in Mansfield’s rustbelt revitalization. Located in Mansfield’s historic Carrousel District, this sleek, elegant space will showcase a distinctive menu featuring local purveyors and their own Cypress Hill Wines. The space was originally built as the Hudson and Essex Automobile showroom in the 1930s. In addition to upscale dining, the complex will also house Cypress Hill Winery, an in-house deli, an outdoor patio with live entertainment, and ultimately, an event center in the rediscovered underground caverns.
Get up close to the arts with performances at the Renaissance Performing Arts Association’s new black box theatre space. This newly renovated, 125-seat performance venue is perfect for bringing original works to the stage and for innovative re-imaginings of familiar classics. This building is part of what will become downtown Mansfield’s “Imagination District” as part of a partnership between the Renaissance Performing Arts Association and Little Buckeye Children’s Museum.
The Red Dahlia Guesthouse
A car collector’s paradise reimagined into a beautiful guest house situated on 20 acres of manicured landscape, pond, and woods. This Airbnb includes a deck with built-in grill overlooking the trees and wildlife where guests can enjoy their morning coffee or a private BBQ. Keep your eye on our website for even more expanded options for non-traditional lodging.
Save the date for these new & notable events:
- Mansfield Art Center featured exhibitions
- The Light of Freedom by Karen Hampton (January 19-February 24)
- Quilts by Nancy Crow (June 22-July 21)
- Works by Wadsworth Aikens Jerrell (June 22-July 21)
- “Lines & Edges” with artists Sue Cavanaugh, Barbara Vogel & Leah Wong (August 10-September 8)
- Inkcarceration (July 12-14)
- Now in its second year, this weekend-long music and tattoo festival at the Ohio State Reformatory will be the rock festival of the summer. Tickets are now on sale!
- Shawshank 25 (August 16-18)
- Get busy living, and join fans from around the world for the Shawshank Redemption 25th Anniversary celebration with special events at filming locations, tours, and celebrity appearances.
- Studebaker Drivers Club International Car Show (September 14)
- Come see antique, restored, modified, and modern Studebaker vehicles and see what the Studebaker Drivers Club is all about at the Richland County Fairgrounds.
- National Auto Sports Association Championship Races (September 18-22)
- Presented by Toyo Tire, the National Auto Sports Association Championship Races return to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for the first time since 2006 to crown some of the best amateur racers in the country. This event features 20 classes of cars.