Small Business Saturday is this Saturday, November 28, 2020 so we’ve assembled a list of gift ideas from local businesses. This year, shop small when you’re making your Christmas list and checking it twice. Choose items you can only get in Richland County and make your small business shopping even more significant.
For the Foodie…
- Specialty oil and vinegar from Hudson and Essex.
- Popcorn and saltwater taffy from Swavory.
- Gourmet fudge from Malabar Farm.
- Local wine and ale from Wine and Ale Trail
- Logo wear from their favorite winery or brewery.
- A gift certificate for a dining experience in a Wishmaker House Winery & Wine Bar igloo or order one of the homemade cheesecakes to bring home for the holidays.
- Dining gifts cards to their favorite local restaurants.
- A coffee or tea lovers package with local roasts and blends from Relax It’s Just Coffee, 3rd Cup Tea, or Nickel and Bean.
- For the budding mixologist on your list, locally-made Figg’s Mixers, available at The Happy Grape.
- A gourmet gift basket from Pumpkin Seed Market, or Wayne’s Country Market.
- Jams, jellies, and apple butter from Cooper’s Mill.
For the Gardener…
- Bulbs and Plants from the new Garden Shop and Greenhouse at Kingwood Center Gardens.
- Gift cards to buy spring flowers at Wade Gardens, Blueberry Patch Greenhouse & Gifts, Alta Florist & Greenhouse, Wayne’s Country Market, Kingwood Center Gardens.
The Gift of Experience…
- For the family on your list, a Discover Richland membership bundle to Little Buckeye Children’s Museum, Kingwood Center Gardens, Ohio Bird Sanctuary, and Richland Carrousel Park
- Tickets for Richland Carrousel Park.
- A Ghost Hunt at the Ohio State Reformatory.
- Gift Certificate for driving or motorcycle classes at The Mid-Ohio School. Give your teen a Teen Defensive Driving class to keep your new driver safe on the road. Read a mom’s firsthand review of the Teen Defensive Driving class.
- Season tickets to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- Reserve a getaway to the luxury cabins at Pleasant Hill Lake Park.
- A Gift certificate for pontoon boat rental at Pleasant Hill, Charles Mill Marina.
- A gift certificate for axe throwing at Axe Social Lounge.
- Snow Bucks for Snow Trails, which can be used on Lift Tickets, Snow Tubing Tickets, anything throughout the Resort and Ski Shop, Food, and Apparel.
- A staycation with a certificate to a local bed and breakfast.
- Treat them to a show with a Renaissance Performing Arts Association and the Mansfield Playhouse membership or gift certificate.
- For the cyclist, a gift certificate to Y-Not Cycling and Fitness.
- For a day of family fun with mini-golf, go-karts, batting cages, and more, get them a gift certificate to The Infield.
- A gift certificate for glass blowing or pottery making at Mansfield Art Center.
Give the Gift of Handmade…
- Cozy Alpaca scarves, gloves, hats and more from Alpaca Meadows and Shady Lane Alpaca Farm. Alpaca fiber is warmer than wool and softer than cashmere.
- Art, jewelry, pottery, and more from Ohio artisans at the Mansfield Art Center Holiday Fair.
Gifts they can’t get anywhere else…
- Shop Carlisle Gifts, Crafty Clutter Inc., Mansfield Antique Gallery, Lucah, Elzy Milling & Trade, The Blueberry Patch Greenhouse & Gifts, and other local shops for the perfect item and rare gifts that can’t be found on Amazon.
- Shop the gift shop at the Ohio State Reformatory to create a Shawshank fan gift basket with prop replicas and more Shawshank themed goodies that can only be purchased here.
- Hand-poured candles from Crossroads Original Designs at the Richland Mall and the Factory Store.
- Made right here in Mansfield, stuff their stocking with potato chips and stix from Jones Potato Chip Co. Want to mail a little hometown love? Jones chips can be shipped around the world.
- Get them something customized just for them! Amy’s Sewing Creations does embroidery on almost anything including spirit wear!
The 2020 Survival Gift Basket…
- Give them a COVID care package with Womama Co masks, hand sanitizer from Elzy Milling & Trade, and immune vitamins from Whitakers Natural Market. Makes sure to include a few of their favorite things or creature comforts like local wine and beer, popcorn, candles, a book, a loaf of bread from Black Bird Bakery, tea, coffee, and whatever else would brighten their spirits.
What’s on your Christmas list that can be locally sourced? Did we miss a must-have from someone’s list? Share your favorite local gifts with us at email@example.com and we could add it to the blog.