Finally, the semester is over. For college students, this can mean less stress, but also more free time. Celebrate the end of finals with this list of fun activities to do in Richland County! If you are home for the holidays and looking for some winter fun, read about the interesting attractions Mansfield has to offer.
- Get inspired by local and regional artwork at the Mansfield Art Center. Most exhibitions are free to the public. The Holiday Fair 2019 is an annual event you won’t want to miss –especially if you are still Christmas shopping!
- Say ‘goodbye’ to the dining hall and eat at a local specialty- Uncle John’s Place, one of Mansfield’s favorite bar and grills.
- Gather the family and visit Kleerview Farm, a Christmas tree farm in Northern Central Ohio. During weekends in December, Santa Clause and the reindeer visit for Holiday Fun at Kleerview Farm. Don’t miss the wagon ride tour of the 150-year-old Christmas House.
- Christmas at Kingwood is a holiday tradition for Richland County. Kingwood Center Gardens is decked for the season with an outdoor Trail of Lights, the Community Tree Walk, and Christmas Greenhouse display.
- If you aren’t traveling during the holiday break, be a tourist in your own town. Try Athena Greek Restaurant’s authentic gyros. Travelers will often drive out of their way to make a stop at Athena.
- Skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing are an absolute must! Mansfield’s very own winter wonderland, Snow Trails features beginner-friendly hills, challenging slopes, and always-popular glow tubing.
- Stroll through Downtown Mansfield and get in the holiday spirit! Decorated for Christmas, the heart of the city will surely make you cheery. Make sure to visit the Christmas lights in Central Park.
- The Phoenix Brewing Company hosts live entertainment every weekend. Enjoy a show and savor the flavor of locally-brewed craft beer.
- Keep your mind sharp and learn about Richland County at the Mansfield Memorial Museum.
- Explore Malabar Farm State Park! This 900-acre farm features barn animals, produce, and even some Hollywood history! Make sure to catch a tour of Pulitzer winner Louis Bromfield’s “Big House” and ride on the farm wagons. Bonus: Malabar also has cross-country skiing.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, visit the new Axe Social Lounge in Downtown Mansfield! The facility is BYOB and outside-food friendly.
There’s plenty to do in Richland County during the holiday break. College students can find more information on all these attractions and more on destinationmansfield.com!
Blog by Destination Mansfield – Richland County Journalism Intern, Maisee Fried