Tourism Excellence Recognized by Convention & Visitors Bureau
Six Honored at Annual Meeting
The Mansfield/Richland County Convention and Visitors Bureau (M/RCVB) recognized Excellence in Tourism at its Annual Membership Meeting, held May 11th in the Central Guard Room at the historic Ohio State Reformatory, filming site of the movie “The Shawshank Redemption”.
Tourism Excellence Award Winners
Top honors in tourism excellence went to six events/businesses. According the CVB board chair Victoria Cochran, “They set a standard for excellence and helped grow helped grow Richland County’s tourism offerings by enhancing their own businesses. They help set us apart from other communities competing for the same visitor dollar.”
This year’s winners are:
• Heart of the City Cruise-In
• Mansfield Trilogy “Ceely, Phoebe & Louie”
• National Auto Sport Association Championships (NASA & Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course)
(NASA & Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course)
• Ohio Civil War Collectors Show and Artillery Show
• 10th Mohican Wildlife “Art” Weekend
• (Haunted) Bissman Building
Criteria for Award
Award Recipients were chosen based on meeting at least three of the following criteria:
1. Increased tourism in Richland County and North Central Ohio.
2. Significantly added to the tourism product offering of Richland County and North Central Ohio.
3. Helped gain positive statewide and/or national public relations or press.
4. Made significant improvements to their lodging property, attraction, recreational or food services facility, sports venue, etc.
5. Advanced tourism through a unique concept, niche, new market or collaborative partnership.
6. Sustained excellence.
Congrats to all the well-deserving winners!
View the full press release about the CVB Annual Membership Meeting now or go to www.MansfieldTourism.com and click the “Press Room” button.
« Back to Blog