Our Annual Report
On behalf of the Destination Mansfield-Richland County Board of Directors and staff, I am pleased to introduce our 2016 Annual Report.
We take great pride in positively affecting our local economy in the future, not just solely in the present. As the year came to a close, the process of changing our name was just getting started. It was a fitting end to a very busy and highly successful year as several new ventures started off 2016. One of the best parts was that which was learned through the newer projects was utilized to go after new niche markets, and paid dividends immediately. Adding to that was the highly anticipated return on a past investment.
The highlights below represent a mix of new investments and dividends of past investments:
- Debuted ShawshankTrail.com as an independent website
- Launched a digital campaign utilizing the notoriety of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland
- Expanded our Social Media reach and frequency both inside and outside Richland County. Earned marketing awards for the RNC campaign and several of its components
- Helped manage the Shawshank Oak Tree’s legacy after it fell down earning $956,072,979 in worldwide PR value
- Coordinated community hospitality for the SCCA National Championship Runoffs at Mid-Ohio
Throughout the year, the organization embraced a more active role in our community’s economic development and enjoyed working with our partners. There seems to be a momentum building and it is exciting to be a part of moving Richland County forward.
With the help of the board, community leaders, economic development partners and our members, the future of tourism in Richland County is always bright. Thank you for your support this past year.