Tourism & Business Internship
The Destination Mansfield - Richland County is an independent, not-for-profit organization created to promote travel and tourism to the area. We are committed to the marketing of Richland County through the innovative collaboration and cohesive messaging, positioning the region as a desirable choice for recreation, events and entertainment resulting increased business active and improved quality of life.
The candidate will have the chance to work in a fun and fast paced environment learning many facets of the tourism industry. Intern will assist in such projects, but not limited to:
- Learn different areas of the tourism industry including day-to-day operations and policies/procedures (front desk operations, member services, marketing and sales)
- Assist with the planning, preparation and participation of special events and projects
- Fulfill information requests and assist visitors with information needs
- Update and maintain websites and databases
- Conduct light research and/or cost analysis
- Assist with other duties as needed
- Major in Business, Marketing, Economics, Tourism, Travel, or Hospitality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a professional attitude with good phone etiquette
- Team player, resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (Access and PowerPoint a plus)
Internships Available: One or more Internships available any time throughout the year.
Number of Weeks: Flexible (based on school schedule/projects or school requirements).
Hours: Prefer a minimum of 10 hours per week (flexible hours and days).
Interested candidates should submit a resume to:
Mail to: Destination Mansfield- Richland County
ATTN: Amber Dobbins
124 North Main Street
Mansfield, Ohio 44902
Phone: 419-525-1300 x.27
or E-mail: adobbins@DestinationMansfield.com