Journalism & Communications Internship
Destination Mansfield - Richland County is an independent, not-for-profit organization committed to the marketing of Richland County through the innovative collaboration and cohesive messaging, positioning the region as a desirable choice for recreation, events and entertainment resulting increased business activity and improved quality of life.
The candidate will have the chance to work in a fun and fast paced environment learning many facets of the tourism industry. Intern will assist in such projects, but not limited to:
- Assist with writing, proofing and editing of publications and business/marketing materials
- Write articles for our e-newsletters with various targeted demographics
- Format and layout the various e-newsletters
- Write for and manage our online blog
- Create press releases, conduct interviews and research when needed
- Manage the Front Desk (learn the traveler/consumer while developing communication skills)
- Update and maintain websites and databases
- Assist with other duties as needed
- Major in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, or other applicable courses of study or experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a professional attitude with good phone etiquette
- Team player, resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (Access and PowerPoint a plus)
Internships Available: One or more Internships available any time throughout the year.
Number of Weeks: Flexible (based on school schedule/projects or school requirements).
Hours: Prefer a minimum of 10 hours per week (flexible hours and days).
Interested candidates should submit a resume to:
Mail to: Destination Mansfield - Richland County
ATTN: Amber Dobbins
124 North Main Street
Mansfield, Ohio 44902
Phone: 419-525-1300 x.27
or E-mail: adobbins@DestinationMansfield.com